Re: conceal HTML tag attributes

  • rainy
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
      On Feb 21, 7:03 pm, AK <andrei....@...> wrote:
      > Hi, I would like to accomplish the following:
      >
      > <tag attr1='val' attr2='val'> </tag>
      >
      > concealed:
      >
      > <tag> </tag>
      >
      > I've mucked around with html.vim syntax file but I can't get anything to
      > work, not even some very simplified example:
      >
      > syn match cTag +[a-z]\++ contained conceal containedin=concTag
      > syn region concTag start=+zz+ end=+zz+ contains=cTag
      >
      > when I have this text: zz  abc  zz I thought abc would be concealed,
      > but it's not. Instead, insides of html tags are concealed, which
      > makes no sense at all. Please help!
      >
      >   - rainy

      I found out what the issue was: I had my pattern on the first line of
      the html file, which prevented it from working. When I moved to
      the second line, it's now good.

      The syn match I'm using is:
      syn region htmlTag start=+<[^/]+ end=+>+
      contains=htmlTagN,htmlString,htmlArg,htmlValue,htmlTagError,htmlEvent,htmlCssDefinition,@htmlPreproc,@htmlArgCluster,doConceal

      syn match doConceal + [^>]*+ conceal contained

      - rainy