Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 21, 2013
      On Feb 21, 2013, at 2:05 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:

      > Eric Weir wrote:
      >>
      >> Today I deleted the vim app and reinstalled it, to give me a clean slate to work with. Subsequently, I encountered something that struck me as weird: When I do an 'R' in netrw, instead of asking me to confirm that I want to rename, it tells me it's "moving" the file. The current path and the target path are identical. Changing the name of the file in the target path gets the file renamed.
      >>
      >> I checked and that's the way it's working in regular vim, as well. I don't recall it working that way in the past. Am I mistaken? [Probably so.]
      >
      > Well, you know its very hard to predict things, especially when the future is involved!

      Vim is alive? It's changing on its own?

      Or did I misremember?

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA. USA

      "The invincible shield of caring
      is a weapon from the sky
      against being dead."

      – Tao Te Ching, 67

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP