input mask sokoban style

  • Erich Hoffmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hello.

      I admit enjoying the vim sokoban play.
      But I don't understand the code.

      As i'm writing a special flatfile database for my own purpuses,
      an input mask like the sokoban play would be very helpful.
      I mean having a "level" file with a structure like a sokoban maze,
      where you can only move in special regions.
      This "mask file" were to be loaded when editing a database entry,
      but, using a function,
      input is only possible inside certain fields, inside the mask e.g.:

      ## ####### #### ##
      ## ####### #### ##

      Input is only possible in the blank space regions, and you switch
      to the next input region with the tab. Thus it is mainly a command
      "columns with a # on it are forbidden, blank spaces may be edited,
      switch to next blank space region with the X key".
      Then, the structured resulted file can be subjected to further
      processing.

      How difficult is this to implement? Do the experts say

      (a) start studying the vim scripting language and find out after
      learning the essentials
      (b) the essentials are not enough, this is higher (deeper) black magic
      (c) give it up
      (d) here's the function you need: ****
      (e) rtfm ****.vim

      Considering this problem I didn't know how to google, I tried, but got
      nothing helpful.

      Thanking for any hint or advice,

      erch