Re: Trouble with ftp directory browsing in Linux using netrw

  • manaskarekar
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
      Adding the trailing slash after the failing to open directory works!

      Thanks a ton! Is there a way to automate the command

      :e ^R%/

      to apply to all listed directories while navigating a tree using netrw?

      Could I write a function that would check for any directories listed in the
      current buffer and append '/' to each. That way I can navigate from one
      directory to the other without having to type it out each time.

      Is this some thing I can tweak in .vimrc or would I have to mess around with
      netrw?

      Any help appreciated, thank you!

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 18 9:08 AM
        manaskarekar wrote:
        > Adding the trailing slash after the failing to open directory works!
        >
        > Thanks a ton! Is there a way to automate the command
        >
        > :e ^R%/
        >
        > to apply to all listed directories while navigating a tree using netrw?
        >
        > Could I write a function that would check for any directories listed in the
        > current buffer and append '/' to each. That way I can navigate from one
        > directory to the other without having to type it out each time.
        >
        > Is this some thing I can tweak in .vimrc or would I have to mess around with
        > netrw?
        >
        > Any help appreciated, thank you!

        Hello!

        With netrw v151k, while in a netrw buffer, you could:

        :MF */

        to mark all directories in the current directory. That's not the same
        as all the files showing in a tree listing. However, one could then
        type "me" to use the marked-file edit capability.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

        P.S. netrw v151k is available from my website:
        http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW