Re: Using vimdiff for merging with Unison File Synchronizer

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
      On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:24:10 AM UTC-6, erwin.g...@... wrote:
      > Thank you Ben
      >
      > This is not the problem, I am using vimdiff 100 times a day and I tried vim with -d, -D, -T "ansi", -V. Using "xterm -e vimdiff ..." works, but opens a new xterm, which I think is not optimal. (also see the links I provided)
      >
      > Maybe vim does not recognize that it already has a terminal for output, but I really have no clue!

      All the tools I see which actually worked in those links you provided were GUI apps (including GVIM) or a brand new invocation of a terminal. Unison doesn't need a GUI app for its diff program, does it?

      :help -f says that it only affects the GUI Vim, so the problem isn't forking. I wonder if Vim is having trouble detecting the right terminal? It looks like you tried -T "ansi", do you know this to be correct?

      I almost never use Vim in a terminal, I almost always use gvim even on Linux, so I'm not going to be much further help here, sad to say.