Re: Bad behavior in McVim. Capitalization of First word in a line.

  • DaveLG526
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:12:57 PM UTC-8, DaveLG526 wrote:
      > Somehow I have gotten MacVim to capitalize the first word in a new line.I dont want this!
      >
      > I may have played around with some bash script too as in bash I get the same thing happening.
      >
      > Any ideas.

      I did try this.

      Issued :set compatible

      Now I see in the lower staus line that this is done:
      :call paste#Paste()

      No idea where this coming from when the first character is capitalized.

    • DaveLG526
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
        On Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:12:57 PM UTC-8, DaveLG526 wrote:
        > Somehow I have gotten MacVim to capitalize the first word in a new line.I dont want this!
        >
        > I may have played around with some bash script too as in bash I get the same thing happening.
        >
        > Any ideas.

        Thanks..That was it!

        I have had Text Expander on the Mac for over a year but about a week ok I changed the Capitalize New Sentences option. I completely forgot I had mentioned the change.

        Again, thanks very much for the post.

        Dave