Re: Bad behavior in McVim. Capitalization of First word in a line.

  • Chris Schneider
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
      Did you install textexpander recently?

      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM, DaveLG526 <david.gillooly@...> wrote:
      On Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:12:57 PM UTC-8, DaveLG526 wrote:
      > Somehow I have gotten MacVim to capitalize the first word in a new line.I dont want this!
      >
      > I may have played around with some bash script too as in bash I get the same thing happening.
      >
      > Any ideas.

      As an update,  I deleted my MACVIM .vimrc file but still have MacVim capitalizing the first letter of the first word in a new line. This happens automatically. Type in two letters and the cursor moves backwards and capitalizes the first letter.

    • DaveLG526
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
        On Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:12:57 PM UTC-8, DaveLG526 wrote:
        > Somehow I have gotten MacVim to capitalize the first word in a new line.I dont want this!
        >
        > I may have played around with some bash script too as in bash I get the same thing happening.
        >
        > Any ideas.

        I did try this.

        Issued :set compatible

        Now I see in the lower staus line that this is done:
        :call paste#Paste()

        No idea where this coming from when the first character is capitalized.

      • DaveLG526
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
          On Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:12:57 PM UTC-8, DaveLG526 wrote:
          > Somehow I have gotten MacVim to capitalize the first word in a new line.I dont want this!
          >
          > I may have played around with some bash script too as in bash I get the same thing happening.
          >
          > Any ideas.

          Thanks..That was it!

          I have had Text Expander on the Mac for over a year but about a week ok I changed the Capitalize New Sentences option. I completely forgot I had mentioned the change.

          Again, thanks very much for the post.

          Dave