Re: cannot unsubscribe

  • Franco
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 01:09:03PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

      > Hi Franco,
      >
      > This doesn't answer your question, but be aware that the last time I
      > unsubscribed and then re-subscribed, it took me days, and I had to
      > contact people and have somebody in charge manually subscribe me. From
      > that moment on, I decided to ALWAYS be subscribed to the Vim list,
      > because at least for me, it was too hard to get back on once I left.
      >
      > SteveT

      Hey Steve,

      thanks for the tip! I am learning much from vim_users, the fact is that I
      discovered you can follow it via RSS, which is way handier for me.

      To be honest I could just block vim_users (or spool its messages in a custom
      mail), but I felt to report the problem was a better way to deal with it
      (maybe there's a bug in the sub/unsub system and the this report could come
      helpful to the list admins).

      Thanks again and ciao

      -Franco

    • Marco
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
        On 2013–02–19 Franco wrote:

        > > Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

        > > Technical details of permanent failure:
        > > RpcError

        Sorry, I can't help with that, but I can confirm this behaviour. It
        took quite some time (don't remember, maybe 1-2 days) until the
        request was processed and I also got these mails. Something is
        apparently not set up correctly.

        Marco
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
          On 19/02/13 12:43, Franco wrote:
          > It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

          > one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing (vim.org address)
          > and to a
          >
          >> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

          >> Technical details of permanent failure:
          >> RpcError
          >
          > error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening. Thanks in
          > advance
          >
          > -Franco

          Maybe you could go to http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs and, if
          vim_use is listed there, turn its rightmost rolldown to either "No
          Email" or "Unsubscribe".

          Where humor is concerned there are no standards -- no one can say what
          is good or bad, although you can be sure that everyone will.
          -- John Kenneth Galbraith

        • stosss
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
            On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Tony Mechelynck
            <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
            > On 19/02/13 12:43, Franco wrote:
            >>
            >> It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

            >> one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing (vim.org
            >> address)
            >> and to a
            >>
            >>> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

            >>> Technical details of permanent failure:
            >>> RpcError
            >>

            >> error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening. Thanks in
            >> advance
            >>
            >> -Franco
            >>

            > Maybe you could go to http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs and, if vim_use
            > is listed there, turn its rightmost rolldown to either "No Email" or
            > "Unsubscribe".

            I took a look there for my own. The only option there that might work
            for him is "No Email" "Unsubscribe" was not there. I am not going to
            try it to find out if it works.