PRIVATE [was Re: ios vim and plugins]

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Eric Weir <eeweir@...> wrote:

      > And on "speed of thought" vs."speed of typing," there are lots of
      > pauses in my writing. Often I am figuring it out word by word.
      > (Or, as Anne Lamott would have it, "Bird by Bird.")

      Mine too...unless I'm doing work (technical, memos, reports, etc)
      writing. Otherwise the composition stage is itself laggy in a
      different way!

      I really wanted to note: _Bird by Bird_ is a favorite of mine...

      It's nice to see other writers using Vim.

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

    • Eric Weir
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 19, 2013
        On Feb 19, 2013, at 3:37 PM, Chris Lott <chris@...> wrote:

        > I really wanted to note: _Bird by Bird_ is a favorite of mine...

        Obviously she's a favorite of mine. So wise. And not just about writing. And so funny.

        Another favorite is Brenda Ueland's "If You Want to Write." The table of contents alone is worth the price.

        > It's nice to see other writers using Vim.

        Yes. Sometimes it can feel like you're the only one.

        I've been spending most of my time on the iPad since I got it and I really feel crippled without it. Gotta get it working for me as good as is possible. In that connection, glad to hear that it is in fact possible to create folders in iOS.

        Eric Weir
        Decatur, GA. USA

        "The invincible shield of caring
        is a weapon from the sky