Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Eric Weir <eeweir@...> wrote:

      > I gather "typing fast" is important to programmers, at least to some. As a writer, "typing fast" is not important. The critical thing is how fast is my thinking. If I'm writing something that requires thought, if writing is thinking, the thinking is often slower than the typing. At least for me. Actually, being forced to "type slow" can improve the thinking.

      You have me wrong there. I am a writer, not a programmer. I use Vim
      almost exclusively for prose and poetry. For the former, a cursor that
      lags significantly behind my typing is frustrating because I type as
      close to the speed of my thoughts as I can. It's very rare that I find
      myself typing something in which my thought moves slower than my
      ability to type.

      *My* process involves handwriting for the slow writing.

      My point is this: the bluetooth keyboard works EVERYWHERE except with
      Vim. There's no good reason for that and no good reason it hasn't been
      examined at all nearly a year after multiple reports. This isn't some
      obscure accessory! But as long as it is *that* laggy, I won't find it
      useful.

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP