Re: cannot unsubscribe

  • Steve Litt
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:43:10 +0000
      Franco <franco00@...> wrote:

      > It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

      > address one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing
      > (vim.org address) and to a
      >
      > > Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

      > > Technical details of permanent failure:
      > > RpcError
      >
      > error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening.
      > Thanks in advance

      Hi Franco,

      This doesn't answer your question, but be aware that the last time I
      unsubscribed and then re-subscribed, it took me days, and I had to
      contact people and have somebody in charge manually subscribe me. From
      that moment on, I decided to ALWAYS be subscribed to the Vim list,
      because at least for me, it was too hard to get back on once I left.

      SteveT

    • Franco
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
        On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 01:09:03PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

        > Hi Franco,
        >
        > This doesn't answer your question, but be aware that the last time I
        > unsubscribed and then re-subscribed, it took me days, and I had to
        > contact people and have somebody in charge manually subscribe me. From
        > that moment on, I decided to ALWAYS be subscribed to the Vim list,
        > because at least for me, it was too hard to get back on once I left.
        >
        > SteveT

        Hey Steve,

        thanks for the tip! I am learning much from vim_users, the fact is that I
        discovered you can follow it via RSS, which is way handier for me.

        To be honest I could just block vim_users (or spool its messages in a custom
        mail), but I felt to report the problem was a better way to deal with it
        (maybe there's a bug in the sub/unsub system and the this report could come
        helpful to the list admins).

        Thanks again and ciao

        -Franco

      • Marco
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
          On 2013–02–19 Franco wrote:

          > > Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

          > > Technical details of permanent failure:
          > > RpcError

          Sorry, I can't help with that, but I can confirm this behaviour. It
          took quite some time (don't remember, maybe 1-2 days) until the
          request was processed and I also got these mails. Something is
          apparently not set up correctly.

          Marco
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
            On 19/02/13 12:43, Franco wrote:
            > It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

            > one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing (vim.org address)
            > and to a
            >
            >> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

            >> Technical details of permanent failure:
            >> RpcError
            >
            > error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening. Thanks in
            > advance
            >
            > -Franco

            Maybe you could go to http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs and, if
            vim_use is listed there, turn its rightmost rolldown to either "No
            Email" or "Unsubscribe".

            Where humor is concerned there are no standards -- no one can say what
            is good or bad, although you can be sure that everyone will.
            -- John Kenneth Galbraith

          • stosss
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
              On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Tony Mechelynck
              <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
              > On 19/02/13 12:43, Franco wrote:
              >>
              >> It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

              >> one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing (vim.org
              >> address)
              >> and to a
              >>
              >>> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

              >>> Technical details of permanent failure:
              >>> RpcError
              >>

              >> error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening. Thanks in
              >> advance
              >>
              >> -Franco
              >>

              > Maybe you could go to http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs and, if vim_use
              > is listed there, turn its rightmost rolldown to either "No Email" or
              > "Unsubscribe".

              I took a look there for my own. The only option there that might work
              for him is "No Email" "Unsubscribe" was not there. I am not going to
              try it to find out if it works.