Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Feb 19, 2013, at 8:42 AM, Chris Lott wrote:

      > An extra row of virtual keys, as some editors provide, would be
      > useful, but just a kludge for those of us who prefer a keyboard we can
      > type significantly faster on.

      The bluetooths will always be there, though I gather they're not yet ideal for vim.

      I gather "typing fast" is important to programmers, at least to some. As a writer, "typing fast" is not important. The critical thing is how fast is my thinking. If I'm writing something that requires thought, if writing is thinking, the thinking is often slower than the typing. At least for me. Actually, being forced to "type slow" can improve the thinking.

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA USA
      eeweir@...

      "Hatred destroys. Love heals."

      - Eknath Easwaran

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP