cannot unsubscribe

  • Franco
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
      It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

      one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing (vim.org address)
      and to a

      > Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

      > Technical details of permanent failure:
      > RpcError

      error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening. Thanks in
      advance

      -Franco

    • Steve Litt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
        On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:43:10 +0000
        Franco <franco00@...> wrote:

        > It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

        > address one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing
        > (vim.org address) and to a
        >
        > > Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

        > > Technical details of permanent failure:
        > > RpcError
        >
        > error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening.
        > Thanks in advance

        Hi Franco,

        This doesn't answer your question, but be aware that the last time I
        unsubscribed and then re-subscribed, it took me days, and I had to
        contact people and have somebody in charge manually subscribe me. From
        that moment on, I decided to ALWAYS be subscribed to the Vim list,
        because at least for me, it was too hard to get back on once I left.

        SteveT

      • Franco
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
          On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 01:09:03PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:

          > Hi Franco,
          >
          > This doesn't answer your question, but be aware that the last time I
          > unsubscribed and then re-subscribed, it took me days, and I had to
          > contact people and have somebody in charge manually subscribe me. From
          > that moment on, I decided to ALWAYS be subscribed to the Vim list,
          > because at least for me, it was too hard to get back on once I left.
          >
          > SteveT

          Hey Steve,

          thanks for the tip! I am learning much from vim_users, the fact is that I
          discovered you can follow it via RSS, which is way handier for me.

          To be honest I could just block vim_users (or spool its messages in a custom
          mail), but I felt to report the problem was a better way to deal with it
          (maybe there's a bug in the sub/unsub system and the this report could come
          helpful to the list admins).

          Thanks again and ciao

          -Franco

        • Marco
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
            On 2013–02–19 Franco wrote:

            > > Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

            > > Technical details of permanent failure:
            > > RpcError

            Sorry, I can't help with that, but I can confirm this behaviour. It
            took quite some time (don't remember, maybe 1-2 days) until the
            request was processed and I also got these mails. Something is
            apparently not set up correctly.

            Marco
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
              On 19/02/13 12:43, Franco wrote:
              > It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

              > one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing (vim.org address)
              > and to a
              >
              >> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

              >> Technical details of permanent failure:
              >> RpcError
              >
              > error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening. Thanks in
              > advance
              >
              > -Franco

              Maybe you could go to http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs and, if
              vim_use is listed there, turn its rightmost rolldown to either "No
              Email" or "Unsubscribe".

              Where humor is concerned there are no standards -- no one can say what
              is good or bad, although you can be sure that everyone will.
              -- John Kenneth Galbraith

            • stosss
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 19, 2013
                On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Tony Mechelynck
                <antoine.mechelynck@...> wrote:
                > On 19/02/13 12:43, Franco wrote:
                >>
                >> It seems I cannot unsubscribe from this mailing list.

                >> one. I received the confirmation but replying lead to nothing (vim.org
                >> address)
                >> and to a
                >>
                >>> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

                >>> Technical details of permanent failure:
                >>> RpcError
                >>

                >> error. I don't have spam filtered, so I wonder what's happening. Thanks in
                >> advance
                >>
                >> -Franco
                >>

                > Maybe you could go to http://groups.google.com/groups/mysubs and, if vim_use
                > is listed there, turn its rightmost rolldown to either "No Email" or
                > "Unsubscribe".

                I took a look there for my own. The only option there that might work
                for him is "No Email" "Unsubscribe" was not there. I am not going to
                try it to find out if it works.