Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 19, 2013
      On Feb 17, 2013, at 4:42 PM, Bee wrote:

      > I used the 'd' command in netrw, created all the folders that are
      > normally in .vim. Added my own colorscheme... it worked.

      > Making progress. I keep trying other ios editors, so far only iText
      > Pad is even usable. Still ios vim is much better, but needs DropBox or
      > WiFi file sharing support.

      Thanks for letting me know, Bill. I started gearing up to try the vimball route just before checking the mail here. It would probably be a snap for most here, but it was beginning to look like a formidable task for me. Using netrw and 'd' sounds a lot more feasible.

      I take it you created the folders on the ios device, then transferred to the contents from the osx device via iTunes?

      I'm also taking it that once we get syncing with cloud services or even just wireless with osx devices it will be possible to use netrw to navigate remote file systems?

      Even with file transfer limited to the iTunes mode, once I get my setup installed---or as much of it as proves to be possible---I will be using vim rather than the iPad-specific editors that I've installed---Textkraft and Nebulous notes, among others.

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA
      eeweir@...

      "A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult
      than it is for other people."

      - Thomas Mann

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP