Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Bee
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 17, 2013
      On Feb 17, 4:07 pm, Chris Lott <ch...@...> wrote:
      > On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Bee <fo...@...> wrote:
      > Nothing competes with Vim, but I still can't get past the fact
      > that--most of the time--I can't ever get into insert mode with iPad
      > Vim and my external keyboard.

      I have never had a problem getting into insert mode, simply the letter
      'i' but have remapped getting out of insert back to normal mode
      because the default ios vim mapping is '\' which is buried 3 levels.

      I mapped grave-a 'à' to escape, then holding down the 'a' key for a
      short while will bring options, slide over one character, and I am
      out!

      Bill

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP