Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 17, 2013
      On Feb 17, 2013, at 9:23 AM, ping wrote:

      > is there a "console vim" in ios that after we login (ssh/telnet) into the device, we can launch from a terminal?
      > I think that will be *REALLY* cool/useful to have, instead of the GVIM.

      This is not anything I've had any experience with, but I recall others speaking about just that. There are at least a couple ssh apps for ios. Some report the experience being a bit laggy.

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA
      eeweir@...

      "A man should be in the world as though he were not in it
      so that it will be no worse because of his life."

      - Wendell Berry

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP