Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 17, 2013
      On Feb 17, 2013, at 12:43 AM, Bee wrote:

      > On Feb 16, 8:22 pm, David Sanson <dsan...@...> wrote:
      >
      >> You can make new folders on iOS from within Vim without jailbreaking. Try 'e .' to browse the "home" directory using netrw, and then, in normal mode, 'd' to create a new directory. This allows for a tedious way to install plugins by hand. But vimballs also work, since vimball uses netrw to make directories if mkdir is not available.
      >>
      >> Now we just need a pure vimscript network file sharing implementation, and the iOS version of Vim will be useful.
      >
      > Thank you David, I did not know 'd'.

      Yes, Thank you, David. Gives me hope of ios vim.

      I love vim and I love my ipad. Since getting the latter, I've spent most of my working time on it, but I haven't been able to use vim, and I feel crippled without it. There are some good editors out there, but they're not vim.

      And regarding networking, of course, when I got my iPad up and running, I signed up for Dropbox. But I've just given SugarSync a try and I am impressed. You can synchronize from within you're existing file system. You don't have to set up a special folder. I think I will find more that I like.

      A couple of my apps, both from Readdle, an ios software developer in Ukraine, come set up for a range of networking services, including google drive, as well as the two already mentioned.

      Eric Weir
      eeweir@...
      Decatur, GA USA

      "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
      Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. "

      - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP