Re: Our posts are being flagged as spam.

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 17, 2013
      On 17/02/13 07:13, stosss wrote:
      > Something else is going on somewhere. I use gmail and I don't have any
      > problems getting mail from this list. If Google thinks something is
      > spam and I have set a filter so it puts the mail where I want it and
      > not in the spam folder Google complains saying this should be spam but
      > you have set filters to keep it out of spam. I don't get that annoying
      > message with this list. There are a few other list that I do get it
      > but I just ignore it. I also check my spam folder and trash folder
      > regularly and tell Google it screwed up when it does which is not very
      > often.
      I think the latter is important. I do the same (i.e., click the "Report
      as spam" button in the Gmail webmail Trash folder and the "Not Spam"
      button in its Spam folder, as appropriate, after selecting the false
      negative or the false positive respectively) and IIUC it "teaches" Gmail
      what I regard as spam and as nonspam. As a result, the Gmail filters
      associated with my account get progressively better -though never
      perfect- and the false positives and false negatives become
      progressively rarer -though never totally absent- as time goes on.

      Best regards,
      "Tom Hayden is the kind of politician who gives opportunism a bad
      -- Gore Vidal