Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Eric Weir
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 16, 2013
      On Feb 13, 2013, at 2:50 PM, Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > On Mo, 11 Feb 2013, Eric Weir wrote:
      >
      >> Is it possible to force inclusion of dot files? In the use I had in mind the .git files were the main challenge. There were several. Each associated with a plugin. Each with many files and more layers of folders than the plugins.
      >
      > You don't need the .git files to make the plugin work.

      My apologies for the delayed response, Christian. And thanks for the clarification. While I suspect Bill's right that Apple doesn't permit creation [or importing?] of folders in ios, with the other suggestions I've been given I think I'll give creating a vimball a try.

      If Apple doesn't allow creation of folders in ios, it would appear that it will be impossible to install plugins with the ios vim app. If that's right, kinda doom vim for ios. I hope somehow it turns out not to be the case.

      Eric Weir
      Decatur, GA
      eeweir@...

      "A writer is a person for whom writing is more difficult
      than it is for other people."

      - Thomas Mann

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP