netrw 147e does not display dir contents

  • Bart Baker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2013
      Hello,

      When I launch gvim from comand prompt in Win7 (64-bt), netrw does not
      display any contents for the directory. For example:

      " ============================================================================
      " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v147e)
      " C:/Program Files (x86)
      " Sorted by name
      " Sort sequence:
      [\/]$,\.h$,\.c$,\.cpp$,*,\.o$,\.obj$,\.info$,\.swp$,\.bak$,\~$
      " Quick Help: <F1>:help -:go up dir D:delete R:rename s:sort-by x:exec
      " ============================================================================\EOF

      Every directory appears as such, with no contents listed.

      I had to revert back to an old version in order to get any functionality.

      Thanks,
      Bart

    • Charles E Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2013
        Bart Baker wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > When I launch gvim from comand prompt in Win7 (64-bt), netrw does not
        > display any contents for the directory. For example:
        >
        > " ============================================================================
        > " Netrw Directory Listing (netrw v147e)
        > " C:/Program Files (x86)
        > " Sorted by name
        > " Sort sequence:
        > [\/]$,\.h$,\.c$,\.cpp$,*,\.o$,\.obj$,\.info$,\.swp$,\.bak$,\~$
        > " Quick Help: <F1>:help -:go up dir D:delete R:rename s:sort-by x:exec
        > " ============================================================================\EOF
        >
        > Every directory appears as such, with no contents listed.
        >
        > I had to revert back to an old version in order to get any functionality.

        Hello!

        I've put netrw v147f on my website; v147e (and f) both use patch 465;
        v147f checks on that and issues a message if vim isn't sufficiently
        up-to-date.

        The reason: for local listings, netrw makes use of the extra arguments
        to glob() to get a List. Its rather faster that way. However, v147e,
        the glob() silently fails if the vim doesn't have patch 465, and thus no
        listing results.

        Regards,
        Charles Campbell