Re: Download counter of Vim scripts no longer incremented?

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
      Dominique Pelle wrote:

      > The Vim scripts at http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
      > show something like...
      >
      > script karma Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513
      >
      > I've noticed in the last few days that the download
      > counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
      > affect all scripts.

      It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
      This is used to avoid counting a download twice.

      Sourceforge ticket:
      https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1

      I don't know a workaround.

      --
      <Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names,
      the ones I like are already taken.

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
        I wrote:

        > Dominique Pelle wrote:
        >
        > > The Vim scripts at http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
        > > show something like...
        > >
        > > script karma Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513
        > >
        > > I've noticed in the last few days that the download
        > > counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
        > > affect all scripts.
        >
        > It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
        > This is used to avoid counting a download twice.
        >
        > Sourceforge ticket:
        > https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1
        >
        > I don't know a workaround.

        Sourceforge has fixed the problem, counters increment again.

        --
        BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.