CriticMarkup in Vim?

  • Niels Kobschätzki
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 2013

      someone developed a new markup-language to insert comments etc. in plain
      text-files for people using Markdown, LaTeX, HTML etc. called
      CriticMarkup: http://criticmarkup.com/
      There are already packages for Sublime and BBEdit and I wondered how
      hard it would be to convert stuff like that (tmlanguage-files, some
      python-scrips) to vim? Is it even possible? I imagine I would have to
      "inject" syntax highlighting-rules into another syntax highlighting. I
      have no knowledge of that regarding vim because I am always using
      plug-ins made by someone else ;)

      Niels

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 12, 2013
        On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:27:51 AM UTC-6, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
        > Hi,
        >

        > someone developed a new markup-language to insert comments etc. in plain
        >
        > text-files for people using Markdown, LaTeX, HTML etc. called
        >
        > CriticMarkup: http://criticmarkup.com/
        >
        > There are already packages for Sublime and BBEdit and I wondered how
        >
        > hard it would be to convert stuff like that (tmlanguage-files, some
        >
        > python-scrips) to vim? Is it even possible? I imagine I would have to
        >
        > "inject" syntax highlighting-rules into another syntax highlighting. I
        >
        > have no knowledge of that regarding vim because I am always using
        >
        > plug-ins made by someone else ;)

        Like this?

        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Different_syntax_highlighting_within_regions_of_a_file

      • Niels Kobschätzki
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
          On Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 17:30, Ben Fritz wrote:
          > On Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:27:51 AM UTC-6, Niels Kobschätzki wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > >

          > > someone developed a new markup-language to insert comments etc. in plain
          > >
          > > text-files for people using Markdown, LaTeX, HTML etc. called
          > >
          > > CriticMarkup: http://criticmarkup.com/
          > >
          > > There are already packages for Sublime and BBEdit and I wondered how
          > >
          > > hard it would be to convert stuff like that (tmlanguage-files, some
          > >
          > > python-scrips) to vim? Is it even possible? I imagine I would have to
          > >
          > > "inject" syntax highlighting-rules into another syntax highlighting. I
          > >
          > > have no knowledge of that regarding vim because I am always using
          > >
          > > plug-ins made by someone else ;)
          > >

          > Like this?
          >
          > http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Different_syntax_highlighting_within_regions_of_a_file

          Thanks. I also found out that someone is already working on it (but does
          it different from what I've expected).

          Niels