Re: ios vim and plugins

  • Bee
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 10, 2013
      On Feb 9, 10:50 am, Eric Weir <eew...@...> wrote:
      > On Feb 8, 2013, at 10:46 PM, Bee wrote:
      >
      > > There is a version of vim for the ios (iphone, ipad).
      >
      > > It has a .vim directory, I can move files into it, but can not create
      > > new directories.
      >
      > > Is it possible to use plugins without them being in the standard
      > > 'plugin' directory?
      >
      > I'd like to get my vim setup I have on my macbook---the .vim folder with all its subfolders and plugin folders---onto my ipad. I've been led to believe I can use vimball for that purpose. Is that the case? All the instructions I've seen so far assume it's a plugin that's being put into the vimball.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Eric Weir
      > eew...@...
      >
      > "The invincible shield of caring
      > Is a weapon sent from the sky
      > against being dead."
      >
      > - Tao Te Ching 67

      I do not think that is possible on an ios device that is NOT
      jailbroken.

      As far as I can tell, Apple does NOT allow making new directories.

      Bill

    • Aaron Ponce
      Message 46 of 46 , Nov 14, 2013
        On Friday, February 22, 2013 9:45:48 AM UTC-5, Eric Weir wrote:
        > On Feb 21, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Netrw is not asking for confirmation, its asking you to provide the new name. Thus the "Moving (curfilename) to (curfilename)" message, which you can edit (or not, which is the "future" to which I jocularly referred to above). Netrw doesn't change the message afterwards, it leaves it on the display.
        >

        > > The "renaming" operation has always worked that way; and it actually is a move.
        >

        > Thanks, Charles. It appears I did misremember.

        > Eric Weir
        >
        > Decatur, GA. USA
        >

        > "The invincible shield of caring
        >
        > is a weapon from the sky
        >
        > against being dead."
        >

        > – Tao Te Ching, 67

        Any news on vim for iOS? I have been using it for its outliner mode, which I really like, but some of the same issues came up for me that were mentioned in these posts. Mainly, dealing with files, deleting directories, and trying to find a way to sync files.

        Just wondering if anyone had found any workarounds, solutions lately.

        AP