Re: vim: is there an easy way to visual select the just pasted texts?

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 8, 2013
      re: Selecting pasted text. If you do a search for "re-selecting block
      in different buffer" you will see some more advice on this topic.

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

    • ping
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 9, 2013
        On 2/8/2013 6:52 PM, Chris Lott wrote:
        > re: Selecting pasted text. If you do a search for "re-selecting block
        > in different buffer" you will see some more advice on this topic.

        > Chris Lott <chris@...>

        thanks !
        I should have done some homework myself...

      • ping
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 9, 2013
          On 2/8/2013 11:53 AM, Nicolas Dermine wrote:

          On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 5:45 PM, ping <songpingemail@...> wrote:
          On 2/7/2013 3:39 PM, ping wrote:
          > this is a small feature I constantly wanted to have but failed, I thought it hardly , and my idea is:
          > use a function or new map, to make sure before paste, recording the positions/marks of the 2 lines that the new texts are going to be inserted into, say mark x/y
          > then define a new map, so after paste, use these 2 marks to visual select the newly-pasted texts ('xjV'yk)...
          > but this sounds a bit stupid -- have to change current "paste" behavior in order to "capture" the newly pasted texts.
          > is there any better way to do that?

          Hi ping,

          I googled the subject of your message and found this : http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Selecting_your_pasted_text

          `[v`]