Re: vim: help for scripting

  • ping
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 7, 2013
      On 2/7/2013 8:10 PM, Vlad Irnov wrote:
      |voom_quit|. In your case, define a global mapping like this:
          :nnoremap <silent> vV :call Voom_DeleteOutline('close')<CR>
      Then you can get rid of both the source window and the associated Tree
      buffer with at most two commands: move to the source window (<Cr> or
      <Tab>) and press "vV". Instead of 'close' you can specify 'bd' or 'bw'
      or 'q'.
      thanks Vlad, that's definitely more neat way.
      but what if I want to archive the same effect regardless of which window my cursor is currently is, body or tree?
      I did a quick test, and it looks as you pointed out I need to move my cursor in the body and invoke the Voom_DeleteOutline() function.
      the reason I wanted the "jump"-and-"record the winnr" method is to make sure I got the same result regardless of my positon (body or tree).

      b.t.w, it may looks a stupid desire that why I need this, the real driver is that I'm using nrrw over Voom. so very frequently I need to invoke a new
      nrrwrgn over the VOom-ed buffer, highlight/outline it with voom again (now I have 2 pairs of Voom-ed buffer --- 4 windows),
      and I need to close the 2 new windows after that quick work done.

      regards
      ping