Re: vim split window editing => separate window editing?

  • vim@...
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
      On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 09:29:59 +0100, Marc Weber wrote:
      > > it be possible to have those windows be "disconnected" and really
      > > be separate windows
      > (first mail)
      > Please clarify what you mean by "window". In Vim terminology a
      > window is a rectangular region which can display a buffer. Muliple
      > windows create a layout. See :h window.
      >
      > in OS terminology a window is something with a [x] at the top right,
      > something you can resize, close, minimize, move to other deskopts
      > etc. thus something like gvim, firefox, open office, etc.

      From my understanding, Linda would like a second OS-window (and she
      is already familiar with vim-windows), something that would only be
      available in a gvim. Additionally, such multiple-OS-windows can be
      done via an in-proc (one executable running, multiple OS-windows
      showing from that one proc) or out-of-proc (multiple executables
      running; such as using --remote commands).

      -tim