Powerline and terminal issues

  • Marco
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2013

      this might be the wrong mailing list for my issue. However, I think
      that many of you use a very similar setup and might have an idea how
      to solve it.

      I use the vim-powerline plugin. The problem is that in rxvt-unicode
      it does not show up properly. The background colour is not applied,
      see the attached screenshots. The appearance is fine in gVim, xterm
      and in urxvt with tmux, but not in plain urxvt.

      The screenshots show the output of :echo $TERM. I assume that I did
      not configure my urxvt correctly. Any ideas?

      Marco
    • Phil Dobbin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2013
        On 01/31/2013 08:14 PM, Marco wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > this might be the wrong mailing list for my issue. However, I think
        > that many of you use a very similar setup and might have an idea how
        > to solve it.
        >
        > I use the vim-powerline plugin. The problem is that in rxvt-unicode
        > it does not show up properly. The background colour is not applied,
        > see the attached screenshots. The appearance is fine in gVim, xterm
        > and in urxvt with tmux, but not in plain urxvt.
        >
        > The screenshots show the output of :echo $TERM. I assume that I did
        > not configure my urxvt correctly. Any ideas?

        There are several issues on GitHub concerning similar problems with
        rxvt-unicode: example <https://github.com/Lokaltog/powerline/issues/121>

        It may be worthwhile opening a new one if you can't find the answer
        you're looking for there.

        Cheers,

        Phil...

        --
        currently (ab)using
        CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,