Download counter of Vim scripts no longer incremented?

  • Dominique PellĂ©
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013
      Hi

      The Vim scripts at http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
      show something like...

      script karma Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513

      I've noticed in the last few days that the download
      counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
      affect all scripts.

      Regards
      -- Dominique

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2013
        Dominique Pelle wrote:

        > The Vim scripts at http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
        > show something like...
        >
        > script karma Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513
        >
        > I've noticed in the last few days that the download
        > counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
        > affect all scripts.

        It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
        This is used to avoid counting a download twice.

        Sourceforge ticket:
        https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1

        I don't know a workaround.

        --
        <Beeth> Girls are like internet domain names,
        the ones I like are already taken.

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 21, 2013
          I wrote:

          > Dominique Pelle wrote:
          >
          > > The Vim scripts at http://www.vim.org/scripts/index.php
          > > show something like...
          > >
          > > script karma Rating 166/43, Downloaded by 513
          > >
          > > I've noticed in the last few days that the download
          > > counters are no longer incremented. It seems to
          > > affect all scripts.
          >
          > It appears the client IP address is no longer available.
          > This is used to avoid counting a download twice.
          >
          > Sourceforge ticket:
          > https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/2461/?page=1
          >
          > I don't know a workaround.

          Sourceforge has fixed the problem, counters increment again.

          --
          BEDEVERE: And that, my lord, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.