Re: "shift+%" not working in newtab

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2013
      On Tue, Jan 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
      On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:57:11 AM UTC-6, ali jaan wrote:
      > I added some commands in .vimrc
      >
      > source ~/vimfiles/matchit.vim
      >
      > let b:match_words =
      >
      > '\<begin\>:\<end\>,'.'\<class\>:\<endclass\>,'.'\<task\>:\<endtask\>,'.'\<case\>:\<endcase\>'

      b:match_words is a buffer-local variable, as indicated by the b: prefix.

      If you want to set b:match_words on every file of a given filetype, you want to use a FileType autocmd or a custom ftplugin or after/ftplugin file.

      :help internal-variables
        (or :help b:var)
      :help :autocmd
      :help filetype

           Those are good references, but you might skip a few paragraphs and go to

      :help :filetype-plugin-on

      What type of file are you editing?  Chances are that vim already has an ftplugin with matchit support.  If so, then all you have to do is add

      :filetype-plugin-on

      to your vimrc file.

           Historical note:  when filetype plugins were first added to vim, Dan Sharp contributed several of them that did little more than add configuration for matchit.

      HTH  --Benji Fisher
      (For once I remembered not to top-post when using the Gmail web interface!)