Re: Help: overwrite vim's standard email filetype

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2013
      On Tue, January 29, 2013 16:19, Bitterjug wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > mail.vim links syntax group mailSubject to LineNr. My preferred
      > colourscheme makes line numbers receed, whereas I want mail subjects to
      > stand out.
      >
      > How can I override vim's built-in mail.vim with my own version?

      As far as I can see, my mail.vim (as of "Thu 02 Feb 2012 08:47:04 PM EST"
      as stated in the top of the file) syntax script links mailSubject to
      Title (which should be fine):

      ,----
      | hi def link mailSubject Title
      `----
      However, since it uses :hi def link, you can simply link it to any
      other highlighting group you like. If there already exists a link, hi
      def link does not overwrite it, see also :h :hi-default

      regards,
      Christian