Re: Is there way to search many results of cscope command in vim ?

  • JoongKeun Kim
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2013
      2011년 12월 23일 금요일 오전 1시 20분 14초 UTC+9, Gary Johnson 님의 말:
      > On 2011-12-22, danguria wrote:
      > > Hi. I'm vim user.
      > > I use vim to read the android framework source code with cscope and
      > > ctags.
      > > when I don't know where some file's location, I use cscope command
      > > like that
      > > :cs find f filename
      > >
      > > sometimes, the result of cmmand is too many. because the file name is
      > > common.
      > > that time, I hard to find the result what I want to read.
      > >
      > > In this case, Is there way to search many results of cscope command in
      > > vim ?
      >
      > You can display all the cscope results in a quickfix window by
      > executing
      >
      > :copen
      >
      > You can then search in this window using standard search commands.
      > Hitting Enter on any line will open that file in the other window.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Gary

      Hello I am JK. I have same problem on cscope with vim.
      previous recommendation using ":copen" is now work for me.

      for description this problem
      If I want to go the symbol definition like "Activity" in android (it is very common symbol), there are so many results over 100, therefore I hardly can choose which one is correct, even if there are already information that can be used (ex: import, inheritance). is there any automatic way to do this? at least filter-out invalid candidates?

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2013
        On Monday, January 28, 2013 8:39:19 PM UTC-6, JoongKeun Kim wrote:

        > Hello I am JK. I have same problem on cscope with vim.
        >
        > previous recommendation using ":copen" is now work for me.

        What do mean by "is not working for me"? Do you mean :copen shows no results? Do you mean it shows results but too many so that you cannot easily choose which is the right one?

        > for description this problem
        >
        > If I want to go the symbol definition like "Activity" in android (it is very common symbol), there are so many results over 100, therefore I hardly can choose which one is correct, even if there are already information that can be used (ex: import, inheritance). is there any automatic way to do this? at least filter-out invalid candidates?

        No, you can't filter the list automatically. What are invalid candidates? How would Vim know?