changing a type of selection

  • Chris Lott
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013
      Is there a way to change a selection type from one to the other (say
      from visual to visual block mode) without deselecting, choosing the
      new type, and then reselecting using a range/movement?

      If I accidentally select in visual mode and deselect, then C-v to go
      into visual block, the 'gv' command reselects, but in the previous
      (block) mode. I'd like something to switch while selected or to make
      'gv' keep the new type.

      I hope the question makes sense!

      Chris Lott <chris@...>

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2013
        Hi Chris!

        On Sa, 26 Jan 2013, Chris Lott wrote:

        > Is there a way to change a selection type from one to the other (say
        > from visual to visual block mode) without deselecting, choosing the
        > new type, and then reselecting using a range/movement?
        >
        > If I accidentally select in visual mode and deselect, then C-v to go
        > into visual block, the 'gv' command reselects, but in the previous
        > (block) mode. I'd like something to switch while selected or to make
        > 'gv' keep the new type.
        >
        > I hope the question makes sense!

        :h v_v

        regards,
        Christian
        --
        Wenn ein Amerikaner zufrieden ist, fragt er sich unwillk├╝rlich, was er
        falsch gemacht hat.