Re: How to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex

  • Vlad Irnov
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
      On 1/24/13, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
      > On 13:43 Thu 24 Jan , av wrote:
      >> Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex. I
      >> tried \w but it does match them.
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >>
      >> --
      >> --
      >>

      > Apparently I haven't found anything better than \S. If you need
      > something more robust you can always type:
      > /[αβξ]
      > (sorry I used Greek symbols since I don't know the Russian ones).
      > You can input them as digraphs (basically with i_CTRL-K, see :h i_^k,
      > :h :digraphs).
      >
      > Best,
      > Marcin

      If Vim 'encoding' is utf-8 or cp1251 you can match Russian alphabet with
      /[А-я,Ё,ё]

      Regards,
      Vlad

    • Vlad Irnov
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
        On 1/24/13, Vlad Irnov <vlad.irnov@...> wrote:
        > On 1/24/13, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
        >> On 13:43 Thu 24 Jan , av wrote:
        >>> Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex.
        >>> tried \w but it does match them.
        >>>
        >>> Thanks
        >>>
        >>> --
        >>> --
        >>> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        >>> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        >>> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        >>>

        >> Apparently I haven't found anything better than \S. If you need
        >> something more robust you can always type:
        >> /[αβξ]
        >> (sorry I used Greek symbols since I don't know the Russian ones).
        >> You can input them as digraphs (basically with i_CTRL-K, see :h i_^k,
        >> :h :digraphs).
        >>
        >> Best,
        >> Marcin
        >

        > If Vim 'encoding' is utf-8 or cp1251 you can match Russian alphabet with
        > /[А-я,Ё,ё]

        Sorry, silly mistake, it should obviously be
        /[А-яЁё]

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013
          On Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:59:27 PM UTC-6, Vlad Irnov wrote:
          > On 1/24/13, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
          >
          > > On 13:43 Thu 24 Jan , av wrote:
          >
          > >> Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex. I
          >
          > >> tried \w but it does match them.
          >

          > >> Thanks
          >

          > >> --
          >
          > >> --
          >
          > >> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          >
          > >> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          >
          > >> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          >

          > > Apparently I haven't found anything better than \S. If you need
          >
          > > something more robust you can always type:
          >
          > > /[αβξ]
          >
          > > (sorry I used Greek symbols since I don't know the Russian ones).
          >
          > > You can input them as digraphs (basically with i_CTRL-K, see :h i_^k,
          >
          > > :h :digraphs).
          >

          > > Best,
          >
          > > Marcin
          >

          > If Vim 'encoding' is utf-8 or cp1251 you can match Russian alphabet with
          >
          > /[А-я,Ё,ё]

          I'm not sure if it will work with utf-8, but for cp1251 you should be able to modify the 'iskeyword' option to match all the characters you want, then use the \k search item.