How to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex

  • av
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
      Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex. I tried \w but it does match them.

      Thanks

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
        On 13:43 Thu 24 Jan , av wrote:
        > Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex. I tried \w but it does match them.
        >
        > Thanks

        Apparently I haven't found anything better than \S. If you need
        something more robust you can always type:
        /[αβξ]
        (sorry I used Greek symbols since I don't know the Russian ones).
        You can input them as digraphs (basically with i_CTRL-K, see :h i_^k,
        :h :digraphs).

        Best,
        Marcin

      • Vlad Irnov
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
          On 1/24/13, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
          > On 13:43 Thu 24 Jan , av wrote:
          >> Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex. I
          >> tried \w but it does match them.
          >>
          >> Thanks
          >>
          >> --
          >> --
          >>

          > Apparently I haven't found anything better than \S. If you need
          > something more robust you can always type:
          > /[αβξ]
          > (sorry I used Greek symbols since I don't know the Russian ones).
          > You can input them as digraphs (basically with i_CTRL-K, see :h i_^k,
          > :h :digraphs).
          >
          > Best,
          > Marcin

          If Vim 'encoding' is utf-8 or cp1251 you can match Russian alphabet with
          /[А-я,Ё,ё]

          Regards,
          Vlad

        • Vlad Irnov
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 24, 2013
            On 1/24/13, Vlad Irnov <vlad.irnov@...> wrote:
            > On 1/24/13, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
            >> On 13:43 Thu 24 Jan , av wrote:
            >>> Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex.
            >>> tried \w but it does match them.
            >>>
            >>> Thanks
            >>>
            >>> --
            >>> --
            >>> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
            >>> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            >>> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
            >>>

            >> Apparently I haven't found anything better than \S. If you need
            >> something more robust you can always type:
            >> /[αβξ]
            >> (sorry I used Greek symbols since I don't know the Russian ones).
            >> You can input them as digraphs (basically with i_CTRL-K, see :h i_^k,
            >> :h :digraphs).
            >>
            >> Best,
            >> Marcin
            >

            > If Vim 'encoding' is utf-8 or cp1251 you can match Russian alphabet with
            > /[А-я,Ё,ё]

            Sorry, silly mistake, it should obviously be
            /[А-яЁё]

          • Ben Fritz
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013
              On Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:59:27 PM UTC-6, Vlad Irnov wrote:
              > On 1/24/13, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
              >
              > > On 13:43 Thu 24 Jan , av wrote:
              >
              > >> Does someone know how to match russian characters (alphabet) with regex. I
              >
              > >> tried \w but it does match them.
              >

              > >> Thanks
              >

              > >> --
              >
              > >> --
              >
              > >> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
              >
              > >> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
              >
              > >> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
              >

              > > Apparently I haven't found anything better than \S. If you need
              >
              > > something more robust you can always type:
              >
              > > /[αβξ]
              >
              > > (sorry I used Greek symbols since I don't know the Russian ones).
              >
              > > You can input them as digraphs (basically with i_CTRL-K, see :h i_^k,
              >
              > > :h :digraphs).
              >

              > > Best,
              >
              > > Marcin
              >

              > If Vim 'encoding' is utf-8 or cp1251 you can match Russian alphabet with
              >
              > /[А-я,Ё,ё]

              I'm not sure if it will work with utf-8, but for cp1251 you should be able to modify the 'iskeyword' option to match all the characters you want, then use the \k search item.