Re: Quickfix Has Wrong Path to Source Files

  • Stephen Rasku
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 24, 2013
      I think we are generally in agreement here. Details below.

      On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:

      > On Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:10:22 PM UTC-6, Stephen Rasku wrote:
      > > I'm not quite sure what you mean about "makefile specify[ing] absolute
      > >
      > > paths".
      >
      > You said you fixed the problem by making ccfilter not prepend the current directory.
      >
      > The string being prepended is "build/i586-linux/" so I assume you're building from that directory.

      I am using make to call CMake and CMake is called iteratively in each
      architecture (e.g, build/i586-linux, build/x86_64-linux, etc.).
      However it's prepending a local directory to an absolute directory
      which, as you note below, causes problems.

      > > If you are in the current
      > > directory, there's no need to prepend the current directory. Relative
      > > paths should work. I may be missing something, though.
      >
      > Relative paths will only work as long as Vim stays in the same directory. Loading some build output with :cfile can be quite difficult if relative paths are used, and I think I've seen quirks even when using :make.
      >
      > Probably the correct thing to do is to prepend current directoy, but only if the path is relative. If the path is absolute, don't prepend anything.
      >
      > Or even better, resolve the full path based on current directory always, and replace the full path string with the resolved path. This will also "fix" paths like project/p1/../libs/p2 to become /home/accts/johndoe/project/libs/p2.

      Sounds like a good solution.

      ...Stephen