Re: Fwd: Mouse reporting and new standards

  • Egmont Koblinger
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 23, 2013

      On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

      I do not think more than a few people run into the 223 column limit.

      True, but even for them, I can't see why this shouldn't be fixed by default :)

      And the new feature only works with the latest terminal emulators.

      I think it's reasonable to assume that on most systems the age of the terminal and the age of vim doesn't differ significantly.  Those having the latest-and-greatest vim are probably not stuck with 10 year old emulators.  In about a year or two, most terminals on most reasonably up-to-date systems will have this feature.

       Thus it doesn't appear all that important.

      Well, this is true :)  You know my opinion, but after all it's your call.

      thanks a lot,
      egmont