ANN: YankRing 16.0

  • David Fishburn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2013
      YankRing.vim : Maintains a history of previous yanks, changes and deletes

      What does it do?

      Inspired by the Emacs kill ring.

      Allows you to retrieve previous yanks, deletes and changed text and
      cycle through them choosing which item you need.  It also works across
      Vim instances so they all see the same history.  Useful for sharing
      text across instances, including when using Screen in *nix.

      For a more descriptive write up, please see the web page.

      Thanks for everyone's feedback so far.
      If you do try the plugin and find things that bother you, please send
      me an email.

      What is new?

      BF: YankRing could report "YR: A register cannot be specified in replace mode" when using clipboard = unnamed or unnamedplus.  This can often happen when fetching previous values from the YankRing (i.e. <C-N> or <C-P>).

      A few people have reported this to me.
      I have tested this on Windows and Linux with various clipboard settings and I believe it fixes it.    If you run into further issues, please email me.

      As usual, feedback good and bad is always welcome.

      Enjoy.
      Dave