How to highglight capital words??

  • Aggelos Kolaitis
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
      I'm trying to highlight words with capital letters with this in my .vimrc:

      match Keyword /[A-Z]\{2,\}/

      I know it's problematic, because it keeps doing this:

      Highlights SDLW from SDLWindow
      Highlights SDL GL from SDL_GL_blahblah (doesn't highlight underscores)

      This destroys the readability of my source code.

      So, how can I do this just like nano does??

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
        On 01/20/13 05:06, Aggelos Kolaitis wrote:
        > I'm trying to highlight words with capital letters with this in my .vimrc:
        >
        > match Keyword /[A-Z]\{2,\}/
        >
        > I know it's problematic, because it keeps doing this:
        >
        > Highlights SDLW from SDLWindow
        > Highlights SDL GL from SDL_GL_blahblah (doesn't highlight underscores)
        >
        > This destroys the readability of my source code.

        You can add the "\>" token to ensure that they go through the end of
        the word:

        match Keyword /[A-Z]\{2,}\>/

        -tim

      • Aggelos Kolaitis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
          > You can add the "\>" token to ensure that they go through the end of
          >
          > the word:
          >
          > match Keyword /[A-Z]\{2,}\>/
          >
          > -tim

          Thanks for your advice tim. It works, but it still highlights text like this:
          aSDL

          I added \< so that the line is like this:

          match Keyword /\<[A-Z]\{2,\}\>/

          But that way it doesn't work at all. Have I messed it up a little bit?

        • Aggelos Kolaitis
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 20, 2013
            Τη Κυριακή, 20 Ιανουαρίου 2013 5:01:12 μ.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Aggelos Kolaitis έγραψε:
            > > You can add the "\>" token to ensure that they go through the end of
            > >
            > > the word:
            > >
            > > match Keyword /[A-Z]\{2,}\>/
            > >
            > > -tim
            >
            > Thanks for your advice tim. It works, but it still highlights text like this:
            > aSDL
            >
            > I added \< so that the line is like this:
            >
            > match Keyword /\<[A-Z]\{2,\}\>/
            >
            > But that way it doesn't work at all. Have I messed it up a little bit?

            Nah, nevermind I got it.
            It was a typo / instead of \. It took a while but I fixed it and it works great.
            Tim, thanks again!!