vim gq

  • ping
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2013
      with a long line like this:

      * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line this
      is a long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
      line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
      this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a
      long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
      this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line

      gq on it give me inconsistent results, in different times when I work on
      vim (not in the same time, when its always consistent) :

      sometime it is (pls ignore the line#):

      3 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
      this is a
      4 * long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a
      long line
      5 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
      this is a
      6 * long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a
      long line
      7 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
      this is a
      8 * long line this is a long line this is a long line

      some other time it is (pls ignore the line#):

      2044 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
      this is a
      2045 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
      line this is a
      2046 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
      line this is a
      2047 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
      line this is a
      2048 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
      line this is a
      2049 long line

      I compared the fo , si , tw of the 2 vim instances and they are all the
      same.
      what else gives me the different results?

    • ping
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 19, 2013
        On 1/19/2013 2:57 AM, ping wrote:
        > with a long line like this:
        >
        > * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
        > this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a
        > long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a
        > long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
        > this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a
        > long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line
        >
        > gq on it give me inconsistent results, in different times when I work
        > on vim (not in the same time, when its always consistent) :
        >
        > sometime it is (pls ignore the line#):
        >
        > 3 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line this is a
        > 4 * long line this is a long line this is a long line this is
        > a long line
        > 5 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line this is a
        > 6 * long line this is a long line this is a long line this is
        > a long line
        > 7 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line this is a
        > 8 * long line this is a long line this is a long line
        >
        > some other time it is (pls ignore the line#):
        >
        > 2044 * this is a long line this is a long line this is a long line
        > this is a
        > 2045 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line this is a
        > 2046 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line this is a
        > 2047 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line this is a
        > 2048 long line this is a long line this is a long line this is a long
        > line this is a
        > 2049 long line
        >
        > I compared the fo , si , tw of the 2 vim instances and they are all
        > the same.
        > what else gives me the different results?

        because one has paste and the other don't...
        I realized this moments ago and just forgot again...have to make a note..