vimwiki issues (maybe terminal issue)?

  • ping
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 16, 2013
      I recently installed vimwiki plugin to introduce some hyperlink
      capability into
      my vim.
      it looks overall good and bugless.
      but I ran into some issue when making vimwiki working with VOom.

      the <CR> key seems overlapped::

      in VOom it jumps between tree and body window.
      in vimwiki it is to add/create hyperlink

      from plugin VOom the solution is to re-define its <CR> key function to
      other keys.

      let g:voom_return_key = '<C-Return>'
      let g:voom_tab_key = '<C-Tab>'

      with this nothing got changed when I tested from a cygwin terminal...

      but I prefer to leave the default behavior there and make some change in
      vimwiki.

      in help vimwik it mentioned following keys:

      *vimwiki_<CR>*
      <CR> Follow/create wiki link (create target wiki page if
      needed).
      Maps to |:VimwikiFollowLink|.
      To remap: >
      :nmap <Leader>wf <Plug>VimwikiFollowLink
      <
      *vimwiki_<S-CR>*
      <S-CR> Split and follow (create target wiki page if
      needed).
      May not work in some terminals. Remapping could
      help.
      Maps to |:VimwikiSplitLink|.
      To remap: >
      :nmap <Leader>we <Plug>VimwikiSplitLink
      <
      *vimwiki_<C-CR>*
      <C-CR> Vertical split and follow (create target wiki
      page if
      needed).
      May not work in some terminals. Remapping could
      help.
      Maps to |:VimwikiVSplitLink|.
      To remap: >
      :nmap <Leader>wq <Plug>VimwikiVSplitLink
      <
      *vimwiki_<C-S-CR>* *vimwiki_<D-CR>*
      <C-S-CR>, <D-CR> Follow wiki link (create target wiki page if
      needed),
      opening in a new tab.
      May not work in some terminals. Remapping could
      help.
      Maps to |:VimwikiTabnewLink|.
      To remap: >
      :nmap <Leader>wt <Plug>VimwikiTabnewLink

      so it looks I can use other keys like S-CR, or C-CR, etc, to avoid
      confliction with Voom.
      I tried all of <CR>, <S-CR>, <C-CR>... I tested in windows(cygwin) and
      linux, it looks the result is that either they are all the same (xterm)
      or only S-CR works the same as CR with others don't work (gnome-terminal).

      I can bind them use \we , \wq, \wt, but that is a big more typings.

      I'm wondering in what terminal would that S-CR or C-CR been tested and work?

      I'm reading a post stating how to test out whether a terminal support
      C-CR or S-CR, but haven't make much sense out of it...
      http://stackoverflow.com/questions/598113/can-terminals-detect-shift-enter-or-control-enter

    • ping
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 16, 2013
        On 1/17/2013 1:23 AM, ping wrote:
        > I'm reading a post stating how to test out whether a terminal support
        > C-CR or S-CR, but haven't make much sense out of it...
        > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/598113/can-terminals-detect-shift-enter-or-control-enter

        ps, following that post from my cygwin/win7 (ssh into my ubuntu), I got:
        C-V<CR> ^M
        S-V<S-CR> a next line in terminal
        C-V<C-CR> ^^

        looks a have different codes for them then...but still doesn't work at
        least on these 2 plugins...