Re: " tabnew . " not showing current directory path

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2013
      naaj_ila wrote:
      > I opened afile with vim in terminal
      > "vim file1.sv" "<ESC>:tabnew . "
      > tabnew will open a file with current directory path and will show the list
      > of files.
      >
      > But if i opened file in gvim its not working
      > "gvim file1.sv" "<ESC>:tabnew ."
      > tabnew will open a file with current directory path and NOT showing
      > anything in taht file
      >

      > Samething happens for "sp . " also

      vim file1.sv
      :tabnew .

      opens a file and then shows a list of files (using netrw) in a new tab
      for me

      Doing the same thing in gvim also opens a file and shows a list of files
      in a new tab for me.

      vim file1.sv
      :sp .

      shows a window with file1.sv and the other window (above the file1.sv
      one) shows the current directory list of files.

      Ditto for doing this with gvim.

      Since you're having problems with gvim and not vim, I'd guess that its
      not a problem with your .vimrc. Open up your .gvimrc and see if you're
      doing settings or something that might interfere.

      Regards,
      C Campbell