Re: Sourcing.vimrc breaks all of these iabbrev

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 15, 2013
      On Tue, January 15, 2013 12:06, stosss wrote:
      > On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
      > wrote:
      >> On Tue, January 15, 2013 02:24, stosss wrote:
      >>> I just started creating :iabbrev for all sorts of simple things. They
      >>> all work just fine when Vim starts but they all break when .vimrc is
      >>> sourced.
      >>>
      >>> I don't understand.
      >>
      >> Please be more specific. How do you start Vim, such that no
      >> .vimrc is sourced? What makes you think, that after sourcing your
      >> .vimrc it breaks your abbreviations? Do you get an error message
      >> and if so which one? Where do you create your iabbrev without
      >> the .vimrc? What does your .vimrc look like? Is there a simple way to
      >> reproduce your issue?
      >>
      >> Those are just the couple of questions I can think of.
      >>

      > Starting gvim from shell or from GUI icon the :iabbrev commands work
      > :source $MYVIMRC they stop working.
      >
      > Starting vim from the shell they don't work period not even new ones
      > typed at the command line.
      >
      > These are simple ones like this
      > :iabbrev od do
      > :iabbrev adn and

      Do you have somehow 'paste' set? Again, please answer all questions
      given above (e.g. show your $MYVIMRC).

      regards,
      Christian

    • stosss
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 15, 2013
        SOLVED

        On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        > On Tue, January 15, 2013 12:06, stosss wrote:
        >> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
        >> wrote:

        >>> Please be more specific. How do you start Vim, such that no
        >>> .vimrc is sourced? What makes you think, that after sourcing your
        >>> .vimrc it breaks your abbreviations? Do you get an error message
        >>> and if so which one? Where do you create your iabbrev without
        >>> the .vimrc? What does your .vimrc look like? Is there a simple way to
        >>> reproduce your issue?
        >>>
        >>> Those are just the couple of questions I can think of.
        >>>

        >> Starting gvim from shell or from GUI icon the :iabbrev commands work
        >> :source $MYVIMRC they stop working.
        >>
        >> Starting vim from the shell they don't work period not even new ones
        >> typed at the command line.
        >>
        >> These are simple ones like this
        >> :iabbrev od do
        >> :iabbrev adn and
        >
        > Do you have somehow 'paste' set? Again, please answer all questions
        > given above (e.g. show your $MYVIMRC).

        Thanks Christian, set paste was the problem. When I saw your question
        I looked up :help paste and there was the answer. set paste disables a
        lot of things. I removed set paste from .vimrc so maybe some other
        things that I just avoided will work properly now.