Re: Sourcing.vimrc breaks all of these iabbrev

  • stosss
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 15, 2013
      On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, January 15, 2013 02:24, stosss wrote:
      >> I just started creating :iabbrev for all sorts of simple things. They
      >> all work just fine when Vim starts but they all break when .vimrc is
      >> sourced.
      >>
      >> I don't understand.
      >
      > Please be more specific. How do you start Vim, such that no
      > .vimrc is sourced? What makes you think, that after sourcing your
      > .vimrc it breaks your abbreviations? Do you get an error message
      > and if so which one? Where do you create your iabbrev without
      > the .vimrc? What does your .vimrc look like? Is there a simple way to
      > reproduce your issue?
      >
      > Those are just the couple of questions I can think of.

      Starting gvim from shell or from GUI icon the :iabbrev commands work
      :source $MYVIMRC they stop working.

      Starting vim from the shell they don't work period not even new ones
      typed at the command line.

      These are simple ones like this
      :iabbrev od do
      :iabbrev adn and

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 15, 2013
        On Tue, January 15, 2013 12:06, stosss wrote:
        > On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
        > wrote:
        >> On Tue, January 15, 2013 02:24, stosss wrote:
        >>> I just started creating :iabbrev for all sorts of simple things. They
        >>> all work just fine when Vim starts but they all break when .vimrc is
        >>> sourced.
        >>>
        >>> I don't understand.
        >>
        >> Please be more specific. How do you start Vim, such that no
        >> .vimrc is sourced? What makes you think, that after sourcing your
        >> .vimrc it breaks your abbreviations? Do you get an error message
        >> and if so which one? Where do you create your iabbrev without
        >> the .vimrc? What does your .vimrc look like? Is there a simple way to
        >> reproduce your issue?
        >>
        >> Those are just the couple of questions I can think of.
        >>

        > Starting gvim from shell or from GUI icon the :iabbrev commands work
        > :source $MYVIMRC they stop working.
        >
        > Starting vim from the shell they don't work period not even new ones
        > typed at the command line.
        >
        > These are simple ones like this
        > :iabbrev od do
        > :iabbrev adn and

        Do you have somehow 'paste' set? Again, please answer all questions
        given above (e.g. show your $MYVIMRC).

        regards,
        Christian

      • stosss
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 15, 2013
          SOLVED

          On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 6:28 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
          > On Tue, January 15, 2013 12:06, stosss wrote:
          >> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...>
          >> wrote:

          >>> Please be more specific. How do you start Vim, such that no
          >>> .vimrc is sourced? What makes you think, that after sourcing your
          >>> .vimrc it breaks your abbreviations? Do you get an error message
          >>> and if so which one? Where do you create your iabbrev without
          >>> the .vimrc? What does your .vimrc look like? Is there a simple way to
          >>> reproduce your issue?
          >>>
          >>> Those are just the couple of questions I can think of.
          >>>

          >> Starting gvim from shell or from GUI icon the :iabbrev commands work
          >> :source $MYVIMRC they stop working.
          >>
          >> Starting vim from the shell they don't work period not even new ones
          >> typed at the command line.
          >>
          >> These are simple ones like this
          >> :iabbrev od do
          >> :iabbrev adn and
          >
          > Do you have somehow 'paste' set? Again, please answer all questions
          > given above (e.g. show your $MYVIMRC).

          Thanks Christian, set paste was the problem. When I saw your question
          I looked up :help paste and there was the answer. set paste disables a
          lot of things. I removed set paste from .vimrc so maybe some other
          things that I just avoided will work properly now.