Tip: speeding up taglist()

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2013
      I just discovered that when using the taglist() function to search
      for an exact tag, bracketing the tag with '^' and '$' can make a
      tremendous difference in execution speed. I am currently developing
      code in a project that has a 1.5 GB tags file. Using taglist() to
      search for a file name without using those anchors takes 19 seconds;
      with them, 0.03 seconds.

      The ":help taglist()" entry mentions using '^' and '$' to get an
      exact match, but says nothing about performance. Is this something
      that should be included in the documentation, or would it just lead
      to documentation bloat?

      Regards,
      Gary