Re: VIM seems in a parallel world

  • lordkrandel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
      On 08/01/2013 11:14, Vincent Becquevort wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I just installed VIM 7.3.46 on Windows and it seems to don’t see exactly the same files has Windows did.

      Can you please check this folder on your system:

      C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0

      --
      Wyrmskull

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
        On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:11:09 AM UTC-6, lordkrandel wrote:
        > On 08/01/2013 11:14, Vincent Becquevort wrote:
        > > I just installed VIM 7.3.46 on Windows and it seems to don�t see exactly the same files has Windows did.
        >
        > Can you please check this folder on your system:
        >
        > C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0

        Yes. Because a standard Vim install is a 32-bit application, any 64-bit Windows system (i.e. most systems purchased new in the last few years and some prior to that) will transparently redirect any references to C:\Windows\System32 to C:\Windows\SysWow64 instead.

        You can force Vim (or any other 32-bit application) to access the 64-bit folder using C:\Windows\Sysnative. See the following thread:

        https://groups.google.com/d/topic/vim_dev/Z4e-WQ92uiM/discussion

        The other option is to either compile a 64-bit Vim yourself, or find one that somebody else built. There are a couple listed here:

        http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Download

      • Vincent Becquevort
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013
          Le mardi 8 janvier 2013 11:14:00 UTC+1, Vincent Becquevort a écrit :
          > Hi,
          >

          > I just installed VIM 7.3.46 on Windows and it seems to don’t see exactly the same files has Windows did.
          >

          > When I open vim and type :! Dir, I get the result on screen1.
          >

          > When I do the same in PowerShell (dir), I get the result on screen2.
          >

          > We see that via vim, “Profile.ps1” is missing and test.txt doesn’t have the same size and the same content. In fact, test.txt was created with vim and contains only “this is a test”. On powershell, test.txt is a copy of Profile.ps1.
          >
          > If I open test.txt from anywhere with notepad++, I get my profile. If I did with vim or gvim, I get “this is a test”.
          >

          > Why this difference?
          >

          > Kind regards,
          >

          > Vincent

          Thanks,

          I tried a WIN64 version that works very well.

          regards,

          Vincent