vim-indent-object

  • ping
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      hi guys/ Michael:

      I've beening using vim-indent-object as an extra text-object to handle my indented text blocks

      it's extremely useful in a daily base,  because most of my text files are indentation-based.

      however, there is one common scenario that is not (and seems should be ) covered by it:

      .task 5
           do this
           and do that

      .task 6
      #this is more urgent
           do this
           and do that

      I know this is not a programming scenario , but I remember even in some script there is such a need to action on this kind of blocks.
      currently both of the above are not covered under the text object.

      and currently il is just linked to ii:

      "
      <count>iI         (I)nner (I)ndentation level (no lines above/below).

      Note that the iI mapping is mostly included simply for completeness, it is
      effectively a synonym for ii.
      "

      so I think it's good to make il mapping to the blocks that I mentioned above?

      thanks!

      regards
      ping