Re: auto switch mode to NORMAL when + is pressed

  • Литичевский Вова
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2013
      looks like the question was wrong formulated.
      I've meant something like this

      imap <c-f>    <esc><c-f>i

      but for all keys combinations with <Ctrl>
      but thanks anyway!

      2013/1/7 Chris Schneider <chris@...>
      imap <c-x> <esc>

      Where imap is "insert mode mapping", <c-x> is control-x (or whatever you'd want), and <esc> is the action the mapping takes. In this case, just hitting escape.

      Also note that ctrl-[ is interpreted by most terminals as an escape key as well, if you ever find yourself lacking an escape key on your keyboard (ohh, hello ipad keyboard case).

      On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM, surr.name <litichevskij.vova@...> wrote:
      Hi!
      Is there any way to switch mode automaticaly to NORMAL when <Ctrl>+<something> pressed and Vim is in INSERT mode?

      For example:
      Vim is in INSERT mode, and pressing <Ctrl>+f scrolls the screen.

      Вова Литичевский.

    • Chris Schneider

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2013
          On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 05:28:23PM +0200, Литичевский Вова wrote:
          > looks like the question was wrong formulated.
          > I've meant something like this

          > imap <c-f> <esc><c-f>i

          > but for all keys combinations with <Ctrl>
          > but thanks anyway!

          are you aware of <C-O>? used in insert mode it allows one normal mode
          command then returns you to insert mode. In your example above

          <C-O><C-F>

          when executed from insert mode would leave insert mode, perform <C-F>,
          and return you to insert mode.

          see

          :h i_CTRL-O

          sc