Re: fortran indentation

  • Peng Yu
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
      On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Joe Gain <joe.gain@...> wrote:
      > Hi Peng, if you google "vim fortran codecomplete" you should find a few
      > links, such as:

      > "This script allows you to complete Fortran 90 structures by pressing <F7>.
      >
      > The plugin in written in python, so you need to have your vim compiled with
      > python support in order to use it.
      >
      > The intention is to complete “program”, “type”, “interface”, “module”,
      > “subroutine”, “function”, “do”, and “select” constructs. You write the first
      > line of such a construct (e.g. “subroutine foo(a, b)”, then press <F7>, and
      > the script will add the closing line “end subroutine foo” and put the cursor
      > between the two lines, _indented_ by one level.
      > ..."

      <F7> is already taken on my vim. I use the following for indentation.
      Is there a way to change the shortcut from <F7> to --.

      Also, I disabled my <F7> definition in ~/.vimrc, but I don't see <F7>
      can indent the code block. Does <F7> work for you? Thanks!

      187 "full file indent
      188 fun BenIndent()
      189 let oldLine=line('.')
      190 normal gg=G
      191 execute ':' . oldLine
      192 endfun
      193 "map -- :call BenIndent()<Bar>normal zz<CR>
      194 map -- :call BenIndent()<CR>

      Peng

    • rudra
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
        <F7> with code complete completes the blocks.
        But, if you do not want to complete the block and want to write all, i.e. disabling <F7>, still for me, it indents do-end do etc.
        This is my f90 specific directives in vimrc
        " Fortran stuff
        :let fortran_do_enddo=1
        :let fortran_more_precise=1
        :let fortran_free_source=1
        :let fortran_have_tabs=1
        filetype on
        filetype plugin on
        filetype indent on

      • Peng Yu
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
          On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM, rudra <bnrj.rudra@...> wrote:
          > <F7> with code complete completes the blocks.
          > But, if you do not want to complete the block and want to write all, i.e. disabling <F7>, still for me, it indents do-end do etc.
          > This is my f90 specific directives in vimrc
          > " Fortran stuff
          > :let fortran_do_enddo=1
          > :let fortran_more_precise=1
          > :let fortran_free_source=1
          > :let fortran_have_tabs=1
          > filetype on
          > filetype plugin on
          > filetype indent on

          program hello
          print *, "Hello World!"
          end program hello

          <F7> indeed can complete a block. But it won't indent the above code
          like the following.

          program hello
          print *, "Hello World!"
          end program hello