Re: fortran indentation

  • Peng Yu
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
      > use fortran code complete.
      > This will solve your problem

      Hi,

      I don't understand what you mean by "fortran code complete". Would you
      please help elaborate a little more? Thanks!

      Peng

    • stosss
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
        On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@...> wrote:
        >> use fortran code complete.
        >> This will solve your problem
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > I don't understand what you mean by "fortran code complete". Would you
        > please help elaborate a little more? Thanks!

        I think he means a plugin for Vim called "fortran code complete".

      • Joe Gain
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
          Hi Peng, if you google "vim fortran codecomplete" you should find a few links, such as:

          "This script allows you to complete Fortran 90 structures by pressing <F7>.

          The plugin in written in python, so you need to have your vim compiled with python support in order to use it.

          The intention is to complete “program”, “type”, “interface”, “module”, “subroutine”, “function”, “do”, and “select” constructs. You write the first line of such a construct (e.g. “subroutine foo(a, b)”, then press <F7>, and the script will add the closing line “end subroutine foo” and put the cursor between the two lines, _indented_ by one level.
          ..."

          On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@...> wrote:
          > use fortran code complete.
          > This will solve your problem

          Hi,

          I don't understand what you mean by "fortran code complete". Would you
          please help elaborate a little more? Thanks!

          Peng

          joe gain

          jacob-burckhardt-str. 16
          78464 konstanz
          germany

          +49 (0)7531 60389

          (...otherwise in ???)

        • Peng Yu
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
            On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 12:55 PM, Joe Gain <joe.gain@...> wrote:
            > Hi Peng, if you google "vim fortran codecomplete" you should find a few
            > links, such as:

            > "This script allows you to complete Fortran 90 structures by pressing <F7>.
            >
            > The plugin in written in python, so you need to have your vim compiled with
            > python support in order to use it.
            >
            > The intention is to complete “program”, “type”, “interface”, “module”,
            > “subroutine”, “function”, “do”, and “select” constructs. You write the first
            > line of such a construct (e.g. “subroutine foo(a, b)”, then press <F7>, and
            > the script will add the closing line “end subroutine foo” and put the cursor
            > between the two lines, _indented_ by one level.
            > ..."

            <F7> is already taken on my vim. I use the following for indentation.
            Is there a way to change the shortcut from <F7> to --.

            Also, I disabled my <F7> definition in ~/.vimrc, but I don't see <F7>
            can indent the code block. Does <F7> work for you? Thanks!

            187 "full file indent
            188 fun BenIndent()
            189 let oldLine=line('.')
            190 normal gg=G
            191 execute ':' . oldLine
            192 endfun
            193 "map -- :call BenIndent()<Bar>normal zz<CR>
            194 map -- :call BenIndent()<CR>

            Peng

          • rudra
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
              <F7> with code complete completes the blocks.
              But, if you do not want to complete the block and want to write all, i.e. disabling <F7>, still for me, it indents do-end do etc.
              This is my f90 specific directives in vimrc
              " Fortran stuff
              :let fortran_do_enddo=1
              :let fortran_more_precise=1
              :let fortran_free_source=1
              :let fortran_have_tabs=1
              filetype on
              filetype plugin on
              filetype indent on

            • Peng Yu
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 5, 2013
                On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM, rudra <bnrj.rudra@...> wrote:
                > <F7> with code complete completes the blocks.
                > But, if you do not want to complete the block and want to write all, i.e. disabling <F7>, still for me, it indents do-end do etc.
                > This is my f90 specific directives in vimrc
                > " Fortran stuff
                > :let fortran_do_enddo=1
                > :let fortran_more_precise=1
                > :let fortran_free_source=1
                > :let fortran_have_tabs=1
                > filetype on
                > filetype plugin on
                > filetype indent on

                program hello
                print *, "Hello World!"
                end program hello

                <F7> indeed can complete a block. But it won't indent the above code
                like the following.

                program hello
                print *, "Hello World!"
                end program hello