colorscheme not obeyed in vim (but in gvim)

  • rudra
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2013
      Dear friends,
      I am using a colorscheme (based on slate).
      This scheme is working well with gvim, but not with vim/vi. I tried both putting it in .vimrc and in vim, "colo MyScheme"....without any effect.

      "MyScheme color scheme"
      "%% SiSU Vim color file
      :set background=dark
      :highlight clear
      if version > 580
      hi clear
      if exists("syntax_on")
      syntax reset
      endif
      endif
      let colors_name = "MyScheme"
      :hi Normal guifg=White guibg=grey15
      :hi Cursor guibg=white guifg=grey15
      :hi VertSplit guibg=#c2bfa5 guifg=grey40 gui=none cterm=reverse
      :hi Folded guibg=black guifg=grey40 ctermfg=grey ctermbg=darkgrey
      :hi FoldColumn guibg=black guifg=grey20 ctermfg=4 ctermbg=7
      :hi IncSearch guifg=green guibg=black cterm=none ctermfg=yellow ctermbg=green
      :hi ModeMsg guifg=goldenrod cterm=none ctermfg=brown
      :hi MoreMsg guifg=SeaGreen ctermfg=darkgreen
      :hi NonText guifg=RoyalBlue guibg=grey15 cterm=bold ctermfg=blue
      :hi Question guifg=springgreen ctermfg=green
      :hi Search guibg=peru guifg=wheat cterm=none ctermfg=grey ctermbg=blue
      :hi SpecialKey guifg=yellowgreen ctermfg=darkgreen
      :hi StatusLine guibg=#c2bfa5 guifg=black gui=none cterm=bold,reverse
      :hi StatusLineNC guibg=#c2bfa5 guifg=grey40 gui=none cterm=reverse
      :hi Title guifg=gold gui=bold cterm=bold ctermfg=yellow
      :hi Statement guifg=CornflowerBlue ctermfg=lightblue
      :hi Visual gui=none guifg=khaki guibg=olivedrab cterm=reverse
      :hi WarningMsg guifg=salmon ctermfg=1
      :hi String guifg=SkyBlue ctermfg=darkcyan
      :hi Comment term=bold ctermfg=11 guifg=grey40
      :hi Constant guifg=#ffa0a0 ctermfg=brown
      :hi Special guifg=darkkhaki ctermfg=brown
      :hi Identifier guifg=salmon ctermfg=red
      :hi Include guifg=red ctermfg=red
      :hi PreProc guifg=#7849ed ctermfg=red
      :hi Operator guifg=#499aed ctermfg=Red
      :hi Define guifg=gold gui=bold ctermfg=yellow
      :hi Type guifg=CornflowerBlue ctermfg=2
      :hi Function guifg=navajowhite ctermfg=brown
      :hi Structure guifg=green ctermfg=green
      :hi LineNr guifg=grey50 ctermfg=3
      :hi Ignore guifg=grey40 cterm=bold ctermfg=7
      :hi Todo guifg=orangered guibg=yellow2
      :hi Directory ctermfg=darkcyan
      :hi ErrorMsg cterm=bold guifg=White guibg=Red cterm=bold ctermfg=7 ctermbg=1
      :hi VisualNOS cterm=bold,underline
      :hi WildMenu ctermfg=0 ctermbg=3
      :hi DiffAdd ctermbg=4
      :hi DiffChange ctermbg=5
      :hi DiffDelete cterm=bold ctermfg=4 ctermbg=6
      :hi DiffText cterm=bold ctermbg=1
      :hi Underlined cterm=underline ctermfg=5
      :hi Error guifg=White guibg=Red cterm=bold ctermfg=7 ctermbg=1
      :hi SpellErrors guifg=White guibg=Red cterm=bold ctermfg=7 ctermbg=1

      I am also putting my .vimrc if this is of any help:
      set autoindent
      set smartindent
      set incsearch
      set ignorecase
      set smartcase
      set novisualbell
      set paste
      set ruler
      "set expandtab
      "set smarttab
      "set shiftwidth=3
      "set softtabstop=3
      colorscheme MyScheme
      "set mouse=a "enable mouse
      set nu "show line number
      "set cul "highlight current line

      if version >= 700
      set spell spl=en_us
      set spell
      nmap <F12> :set nospell!
      endif

      " Fortran stuff
      :let fortran_do_enddo=1
      :let fortran_more_precise=1
      :let fortran_free_source=1
      :let fortran_have_tabs=1
      autocmd BufNewFile *.f90 call New_Fortran_File()
      fun! New_Fortran_File()
      :0put='!This is file : ' . expand('%')
      :put='Implicit None'
      exe ":3"
      endf
      filetype on
      filetype plugin on
      filetype indent on

      syntax enable

      "latex only
      let g:tex_flavor='latex'

      " Always jump to last edited line
      if has("autocmd")
      au BufReadPost * if line("'\"") > 0 && line("'\"") <= line("$")
      \| exe "normal! g'\"" | endif
      endif

      "let g:Imap_UsePlaceHolders = 0
      set sw=2
      set iskeyword+=:

      autocmd FileType html set omnifunc=htmlcomplete#CompleteTags

      my vi is
      $ which vi
      alias vi='vim'
      /usr/bin/vim
      vi --version
      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Nov 12 2012 14:44:19)
      Included patches: 1-415, 417-712
      Modified by <bugzilla@...>
      Compiled by <bugzilla@...>
      Huge version without GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval -browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
      -clientserver -clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info +comments
      +conceal +cryptv +cscope +cursorbind +cursorshape +dialog_con +diff +digraphs
      -dnd -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path
      +find_in_path +float +folding -footer +fork() +gettext -hangul_input +iconv
      +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent
      +listcmds +localmap -lua +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse -mouseshape
      +mouse_dec +mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm +mouse_netterm +mouse_sgr -mouse_sysmouse
      +mouse_urxvt +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -mzscheme +netbeans_intg
      +path_extra +perl +persistent_undo +postscript +printer +profile +python/dyn
      -python3 +quickfix +reltime +rightleft +ruby/dyn +scrollbind +signs
      +smartindent -sniff +startuptime +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary
      +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +terminfo +termresponse +textobjects +title
      -toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra +viminfo
      +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup -X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp
      -xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
      system vimrc file: "/etc/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/etc"
      f-b for $VIMRUNTIME: "/usr/share/vim/vim73"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include -O2 -g -pipe -Wall -fexceptions -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -m64 -mtune=generic -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1
      Linking: gcc -L. -Wl,-z,relro -rdynamic -Wl,-export-dynamic -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64/perl5/CORE -Wl,-z,relro -L/usr/local/lib -Wl,--as-needed -o vim -lm -lnsl -lselinux -lncurses -lacl -lattr -lgpm -ldl -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib64/perl5/CORE -fstack-protector -L/usr/lib64/perl5/CORE -lperl -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -lm -lcrypt -lutil -lpthread -lc

      Please suggest improvement.

    • rudra
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2013
        I have recently checked that the colorscheme "slate" itself, on which my scheme is built do not work with vim.